Monday, July 25, 2011

Natasha Bedingfield - an Artist, Inspiration and Way of Life

She was nominated for Grammy, Brit and MTV awards with her first album itself for the hit single 'These Words". Though my favorite from her first remains 'I bruise easily'. So while she was an instant hit with her first solo album, its interesting to know she has been into music for years with her two siblings. Daniel Bedingfield was already successful when she launched her solo career.
Back then around 2008 when she launched her second album 'Pocket Full of Sunshine' I though to myself, most of her songs or rather her hit numbers are typical commercial american pop kinds, targeting teenagers, beaming with life, positiveness and up paced beats. They were some great tracks like 'Love like this' and the title track 'Pocket full of shine' that got me interested in her music.

And the reason I am writing about her is her latest album 'Strip Me'. And its shockingly amazing, all the tracks and the title song and above all - to see this huge transformation in her both as an artist and individual. I fell  i love with 'Strip me' instantly, its one of the rare songs that hit the soul and make you question the ways of the world versus who you are and what you should be. The lyrics are powerful and captivating, as though she has figured it all out and its time to share it with the world through her music. The video is simple yet beautifully correlated to the meaning behind the song. And I love how she is constantly changing her look from nude (no make Up) to 10 different looks (with all the glamorous make up) and she looks fabulous in each frame.

Post this song, I you tubed her other latest songs 'Run run run', 'Touch', 'Who knows' (this I discovered while watching the movie 27 dresses), 'Soulmate'. Though 'Strip me' tops the charts for me, I am as much in love with 'Run run run' and 'Who knows'! Lets just say I listen to each of these songs atleast 3 times a day.

Soon I started tracking her latest interviews, blogs and site; searching for what ever information I could get my hands on. And I am glad I did.
Her journey was just like any struggling British Pop singer trying to make it big in America at the young age of 23. She was a workaholic and her passion for music kept her going. Apparently although she is know for her positive vibrant songs; she has written more sad slow songs only that they were never produced. And when success finally came her way with the second & third albums; she knows she has finally found her path in life to travel the world and collaborate with artists and cultures in diverse countries; only to expand her horizon in music and offer more insightful tracks to her fans.

Natasha Bedingfield is unlike your regular R&B or Hip hop artist who create/duplicate music that is one track with baseless lyrics. Her lyrics are what one would feel in their inmost desires and thoughts, only that she manages to put it correctly add to that excellent tunes.

I hope someday to meet and thank her for givings us such brilliant all inspiring songs, daring and different from most pop music which is a commercial hit in the west. Artists like her, Corine Bay Railey, Leona Lewis (I figure most British artists) have a depth to their songs which keeps the other half of the world listening.
Also just seeing her transform and finally discover her self, her music and path for life; boosts a certain confidence in me that there are people who are achieving what I aimed to do... living your dreams, life to the fullest.


Must watch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnhDIGTldho&ob=av2e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwwLLT120vk

No comments:

Post a Comment