Friday, July 8, 2011

Guest Lectures - A Stepping Stone

I have always loved talking, narrating or describing incidents - sometimes my own version sometimes exaggerated stories ;)  but on a serious note, this passion for expression evokes in me an interest to teach.

Teaching; in any form, nature, subject or to anyone in any way - is in my view the most powerful of acts. Ofcourse to teach the right, factual concept is of uttermost importance. Beyond that, its the ability to influence the youth, friends, colleagues or family that requires substance of character. Above all it requires knowledge, experience and an open mind. In the last week or so; I finally managed to reconnect with this passion. I was invited to speak on two occasions - one at my B-School as an Alumni for the in coming batch of MBAs and the second at my Graduate college as an alumni and ex-member of our events club.
Thankfully on both accounts I knew exactly what I had to share - they were purely motivational sessions on how the youth should go around their tenure in their respective organizations/schools, what should be their short term goal, how to develop it, their aspirations and what they can achieve from the organizations and lastly correcting their attitude towards the course and life in general. The reason I can say 'correcting' with confidence is because there were many students who came back to clarify many of the doubts and misconceptions.

These 2 sessions I would categories as purely motivational, providing guidance or generic (catching up with an Alumni in their case perhaps). But for me; personally this was a stepping stone towards ONE of my many long term goals. For it bestowed in me many things, for starters I managed to grasp the attention of the audience, could easily curb their raising voices, figured that most of them had attentive and interested faces whilst I spoke to them and lastly a lot of them came back with doubts. A successful session I say.

This only motivates further to develop myself, have as many varying experiences professionally and personally simply because I would much rather inspire people on the grounds of 'Who' over and above 'What' I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment